We offer a sizing service with free shipping and pastern straps in your colour of choice. We'll also cover costs to exchange if we get it wrong and you purchase from this website.
There are many factors involved in sizing for Scoot Boots and we want our customers to have the best possible experience. Our sizing team are experts in getting the right size to reduce your risk of fitting issues and headaches with exchanges...let us size you!
For the video demonstration on how to size click HERE otherwise follow the steps below
Ensure your horse has had a correct barefoot trim - rolled toe, bevelled hoof wall, low heel and all flare removed
Take three photos of each hoof within two weeks of your barefoot trim as follows:
Measure from the center of the toe and down over the frog
Measure across widest part of hoof
Take a clear photo directly infront of the hoof
Send your pics by:
- Uploading them HERE
- Emailing to email@example.com
- Inbox on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/scootbootdownunder
When you receive your boots, please follow our fitting guidelines which you can view HERE
To size your horse you will need the following:
1. Two measurements per hoof
First Measurement - Length
The correct measurement is taken at the heel buttress. 120mm or 4 3/4" in this example
First Measurement - HEEL BUTTRESS
Measure to the heel buttress only, and not to where the hoof contacts the skin
Second Measurement - Width
Place your tape measure across the widest part of the hoof. 120mm or 4 3/4" in this example
2. An understanding of which hooves are not suitable for Scootboots. Vertical walled hooves and flared hooves are NOT suitable and generally your measurements will tell you this
3. An understanding of the sizing tables. In our example above, the correct size is a size 3 regular.